Indian Institute of Management, CalcuttaOpen For Admission
Sunday: 9:30AM- 12:30PM
Tuesday: 7:00PM - 9:00PM
28th July 2021
Highly interactive 100%
Live Online Classes
Electric vehicles are considered to be an important step towards mitigating dependency on crude oil, protecting the environment, and improving transportation sustainability. Many manufacturers have made major investments in electric automobile technology, opening up employment and growth opportunities for individuals with knowledge in the required field.
The programme will provide a basic understanding of the working of the storage devices from single cell to pack level, duty cycles led sizing of storage, and basics of power electronics required for interfacing devices with drivetrains. The programme will help to cater the training and development need of industry 4.0 and enable the participants to build required skill set, capabilities and knowledge in the e-mobility domain.
Learn from world-class faculty and
Understand the e-mobility in a comprehensive way
Peer group learning
and networking opportunities
Module 1: Basics of Electric Vehicle
This module will provide the background and overview of the programme learning. It will introduce the need for the electric vehicles, classification of the electric vehicles, understanding electric drivetrain etc.
Module 2: Revisiting Fundamentals
This module is designed to provide a relevant and holistic view of the various terminologies and fundamentals of any electrochemical device.
Module 3: Introduction to Electrochemical Cells
Knowledge of various energy storage devices such as Li-ion battery, supercapacitor, fuel cells, and flow batteries etc. will be discussed in detail at cell level.
Module 4: Module and Pack Design from Cell Level
The understanding gained by Module 3 will be further extended to introduce relevant considerations that go into design and building of module and packs from the cells for real application.
Module 5: Power Electronics Interface
The charge and discharge of the energy storage device (e.g., battery) pack require matching of its characteristics with the charger and drive train characteristics. This matching is through power electronics devices and this learning module will provide relevant background to power electronics required to understand the design and working of power electronics interface.
Module 6: Charging Infrastructure
The success of the electric vehicle will depend on the suitable charging infrastructure. Therefore, the module will cover the relevant details related to chargers as well as smart and mini grids etc.
Module 7: Overview of Policies
This module will discuss various government policies relevant to electric vehicles.
Who Should Attend?
• Fresh graduates who aspire to work in the sunrise sector of E-vehicles to get a comprehensive overview of the technology space
• Working professionals in R&D
- At entry-level to get a thorough understanding of the fundamental principles behind the working of energy storage devices and the interface with power electronics, thereby understanding the new possibilities and research directions
- At Mid and Senior level to refresh the underpinning principles behind the energy storage technology and relate it to future trends in the technology
• Working professionals at all levels in
- Quality Control to get exposure on the relation between the quality specifications and working of the devices at the fundamental level.
- Production, Sales & Support to understand the terminologies related to rating, sizing and specifications of the relevant technologies such as energy storage devices, chargers, power electronic components, and powertrain drives.
- Management and Decision Making roles to familiarize with the jargons related to E-Vehicle technology and get a comprehensive view of the possibilities and limitations of fast-changing technologies in the E-Vehicle domain.
For Indian Participants: Graduates or Diploma Holders from a recognized University/Institutes (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Govt) in any discipline
For International Participants - Graduation or equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country
step 1: Fill the application form and submit documents.
step 2: Document validation by Hughes Team.
step 3: Selection by IIT Delhi after screening of candidate profile.
step 4: Join the programme.
|Programme Fee||INR 1,00,000/- +GST*|
|Installment 1||INR 50,000/- + GST*|
|Installment 2||INR 50,000/- + GST*|
All fee should be submitted in the IIT Delhi CEP account only, and the receipt will be issued by IIT Delhi CEP account for your records.
*GST will be charged at prevailing rates (currently 18%).
Participant will be awarded a Successful Completion Certificate from IIT Delhi on scoring at least 50% aggregate marks in the evaluation components and maintaining a minimum attendance of 60% in lectures and tutorials. Participants who are unable to score 50% marks in the evaluation will be eligible for the Participation Certificate if their attendance is above 60%.
Last date to apply: 28th July 2021
Last Date to Submit Fees: 16th Aug 2021