Indian Institute of Management, CalcuttaOpen For Admission
The Millennial - the tech-savvy, intellectually sharp and result-driven generation of the human civilization. The times and the characteristics of a particular generation decide the type of career options that will be in demand. To understand the top career options for millennials, it is important to first understand the outlook with which millennials want to learn, work and grow. Some of the key features that define the millennial work culture is:
Millennial career choices are mostly driven by skills and not by the rote way of decision making based on family preferences. Here are some of the key career options popular with millennials.
1. Data Scientist - Today no business can thrive without data science. Data science is all about extracting and deciphering significant market insights from gigabytes of data. The role of a data scientist encompasses identifying risks, supporting the marketing and the product development team in delivering a superior customer experience. Data scientist jobs are very lucrative for millennials in terms of the scope of the work and the market value that comes along with it.
2. Marketing Manager - All the buying and investment decisions currently are driven by the marketing function. Without this specific function, no product or service can thrive in a competitive market. Over the years, there has been a great demand for marketing managers who can successfully build a bridge between the customers and the brand.
3. Financial Analyst - Just like data science, financial analysis is one of the key tripods on which businesses rest apart from data-driven and marketing functions. Financial analysis involves the evaluation of projects, budgets, investments and business performance in terms of ROI. Financial analysts are the key resources in the company who take care of business forecasting and tracking operational metrics.
4. Social Media Manager - As interesting and glamorous as it sounds, social media marketing is one of the powerful tools for customer engagement and deriving data for business analysis. This job profile entails developing marketing campaigns around various social media platforms and deriving key business insights through customer interactions and engagement activities.
5. Product Manager - As the name suggests, this role is all about becoming a particular product category specialist. A product manager takes complete charge of a product life cycle, manages the end-to-end development of a product along with its marketing. Companies depend on their product managers for defining their product roadmap and go-to-market strategies.
6. Application Developer - Millennial life is bleak without applications. Most day-to-day actions today are done with just the tap on an app. No wonder, there is a significant demand in the market for smart application developers. Application development further bifurcates into mobile app developers, iOS and android developers. They work on different operating systems and are adept in multiple programming languages. This role is extremely dynamic because of the constant evolution and changes happening in the programming world.
7. Business Analyst - Business Analyst is one of the very coveted career options that an increasing percentage of millennial youth want to take up. This is precise because this role itself calls for a convergence of multiple functions. Business analysts need to have a working knowledge of diverse functional verticals within an organization. In the current scenario, just a management degree might not equip a professional with a worldwide view of global business practices. Therefore, professionals must acquire cutting edge tools and techniques to operate in a global business ecosystem.
One of the best ways to develop that perspective and sound operational knowledge, one must explore the courses offered by premier institutes of India. The executive programmes have been meticulously developed to address contemporary issues in the global business landscape and help build improved responsiveness to unforeseen challenges.
Keep yourself updated.