Young Leaders Programme (YLP)
Management Development Institute ,GurgaonOpen For Admission
Success today depends on several factors and manoeuvring data being one of the prime aspects. As a result, today data visualization is one of the most significant tools offering significant data insights through graphs and charts. It has become a powerful BI tool expecting to touch a market value of USD 10.2 billion by 2026 from just USD 5.9 billion in 2021, as per a report published by PR Newswire this year. With the millennial workforce becoming obsessed with Augmented Reality for interacting with the data represented, certain tools with titan’s capacity to transform businesses have risen. Truly necessity is the mother of innovation. Today data visualization is no longer in the court of the data scientists, it has quintessentially crept into the domain of business managers.
TheTop 8 Data Visualization tools are:
· Google Data Studio- This is one of the most preferred cloud-based data visualization tools. This free data reporting platform is replete with innumerable widgets to help with various forms of data representation and call pull data from 12 data sources in the likes of Google Analytics. The data reports derived from Data studio can be further broken down into desired chunks of data making it extremely flexible.
· Infogram- It is a paid tool suite for data reporting and visualization. This tool suite boasts of a comprehensive and diverse set of tools that empowers one with unlimited creativity. Infogram offers the provision to drag and drop functionalities and copy the files seamlessly. The files can also be shared across multiple platforms and that too in various formats.
· Databox- This is a unique on-premise an embeddable visualization tool that offers real-time data. The interactive dashboard enables users to present KPIs uniquely with the help of more than two hundred in-built templates. The users can edit, re-order data blocks sans a single line of coding and create targeted campaigns.
· Zoho Analytics- This is a cloud-based data visualization and reporting tool that consolidates scattered information on a single dashboard. The in-built analytical tool offers a spreadsheet interface for metrics and reporting. Zoho offers this unique provision to publish dashboards without logins.
· iDashboards- One of the USPs of this cloud-based data visualization toolkit is that it is very simple to use. Navigating through the bundles of features and widgets is almost a cakewalk. This is very close to being a zero-maintenance platform and is highly adaptable to the existing software ecosystem of an enterprise.
· Sisense- The in-chip engine powering Sisense allows users to ask questions and get real-time answers. The single-stack architecture enables the data visualization toolkit to consolidate all data formats into a single interface.
· Qlik Sense- Deemed as one of the most intuitive data visualization tools, Qlik Sense offers capabilities for deep diving and interpreting data creatively. Re-use of business logic and data security are key features of this visualization tool.
· Tableau- Tableau is one very power BI tool. One of the most prominent features of the tool is its capability to simplify the organization, management and visualization of data. One very poignant part of the Tableau dashboard is that it can present the data in the format of a story, powered by innumerable layouts and formats.
Thumb rules to Identify the Apt Data Visualization Tool for Business
One size never fits all and this is a universal rule when it comes to identifying appropriate tools for one’s organization. Asking the right questions is the key to getting the pivotal answers and so here are the right questions that one must ask.
· Does the application toolkit offer the visualization formats that one specifically needs for one’s business?
· Does the application toolkit run on the cloud or an 'on-premises device?
· Can the application pack support specific business needs?
· Can the application seamlessly integrate with the existing workflows?
· Does the toolkit deliver value vis-à-vis price?
· What are various security protocols the toolkit follows to safeguard business-critical data?
These questions are very pertinent when it comes to earmarking the appropriate visualization software. Most importantly, one need not get carried away by features that a particular visualization tool might offer. To have the insight to meticulously measure the consequences of one's choice calls for a solid understanding of the true drivers of financial performance. If one is looking to gain competence in analytics and gain significant insights on data-driven strategies, then one must explore the Executive Programme on Business Analytics (EPBA) offered by IIM Calcutta which empowers one to skillfully handle Big Data, adapt to prevalent trends, and figure out the best possible analytics tool in the ever-changing business ecosystem.
Keep yourself updated.
© Copyright 2021 Hughes India. All Rights Reserved.
We use Zoom software application to conduct live online classes. While you can also join your live online class from a phone or tablet if it supports Zoom software, we recommend you attend classes from a PC/Laptop/Mac.
Take a look at the new avenues an executive programme can open you up to!