Standing well into the second decade of the current millennium, in an increasingly globalized business environment, most organizations are subject to never-before witnessed complex challenges on a daily basis. Additionally, a key challenge for any organization today is the relative dearth of skilled Senior Managers who can provide the necessary dynamic business leadership which is much-needed to capitalize on growth opportunities.The Senior Leadership Programme (SLP) from IIMK aims to address this scarcity of holistic Senior Management skills in fast growing companies. By developing an integrated approach to management that combines the imagination and panache of entrepreneurs with the strong functional focus of operating managers, SLP prepares a practicing manager for Senior Management roles and provides a much-needed boost to one’s career. Over the 6 months of SLP even as a working executive manager pursues his / her current career, SLP would enable him / her to learn from the best minds in business and from an outstanding peer group.
- Premier certification from IIM Kozhikode
- Specifically targeted at Senior Management to prepare them for topmost positions in their respective organizations
- Increase the span of fundamental business knowledge amongst managers. The course is designed to provide with an in-depth understanding of individual functional domains as well as the linkages across the different functional domains that are critical to drive business performance.
- Provide an adequate thrust on interpersonal skills such as networking, persuasion & influence, communication, negotiation and coaching skills which are essential for effective business leadership.
- Increase a manager’s self-awareness of emotions, personal and business values and blind spots that together lead to development of one’s own leadership style and ability to leverage it effectively for optimum business success.
- Working executives working in at least Middle Management roles and with a minimum of 10 years’ of work experience.
- Full-time Graduation in any stream.
- Retail Applications + credentials and Corporate Nominations from Multiple Corporates
- Applicants will be selected based on their profile & work exposure
- Selection will be: i) Highly Selective ii) Selective iii) Moderate
Schedule & Duration
- Saturdays 12:15 PM – 3:15 PM
The program will include various methods of training such as lectures, discussions, case studies, simulations and computer exercises. These methods will be used to provide inputs to facilitate conceptual understanding and hands on experience in managing complex projects.
For Indian Students
||Domestic Amount (INR)
||International Amount (AED)
|Campus Facility Fee
|Campus Accommodation Charges
||INR 1,750/- per night (Indicative)
- Domestic to International student transfer will be required to pay the International
Fee for the entire program.
- Service Tax is payable extra and is currently charged at 12.36% for domestic students.
- Any change in Service Tax during the tenure of the program is to be charged to the
- Application Closure Date: 14th October, 2014
- Last Date of 1st installment: 10th November, 2014
- Technical Training: 2nd week of November, 2014
- Class Start Date: 22nd November, 2014
Service Tax is payable extra and is currently charged at 12.36% for domestic students
- Understanding Strategy
- Financial Analysis for Business Decisions
- Managing Groups and Teams
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Working Capital Management
- Corporate Governance
- Management Control Systems
- Supply Chain Management
- Applied Marketing Strategy
- Managing Competition
- Corporate Finance
- Understanding Organizations & Motivating people
- Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
- Managing Change and Transformation
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
- Leading Organizations
Standard reading materials and cases will be provided by IIMK.
15 hours spread over 3 days. The programme starts with the Campus Visit.
Certificate of completion to be provided by IIMK.
The Programme will be driven by Prof. Dr.Debashis Chatterjee, Director, IIM Kozhikode. Professor Debashis Chatterjee has taught leadership classes at Harvard University and at the Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Calcutta, Lucknow, and Kozhikode, for nearly two decades. He has been awarded the prestigious Fulbright Fellowship twice for pre-doctoral and post-doctoral work at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard. His published work includes six books, such as Leading Consciously (Foreword by Peter M. Senge) and Break Free (Penguin), that have been translated into several international languages. He has trained more than 10,000 managers globally in Fortune 100 corporations and has served as leadership coach to political leaders and CEOs of major Indian organizations. He has served as Dean of an international business school in Singapore. A pioneer in the field of Asian models in leadership, Professor Chatterjee is currently Director of the IIM, Kozhikode. He also serves as an independent director on the boards of several multinational and Indian companies. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and on the Web at www.debchat.com.